View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
Oh my God! The raw gmvid.gmv is almost 2 Gigabytes?!!! wth?
hahaha Now Geekmaster has an extension too *.gmv (GeekMaster Video)
Hmm... that 2GB is not correct. There is something wrong there. Let's check it out:

Technical analysis:
Spoiler:
On my K3:
# zcat gmvid.gmv.gz | wc
512615 461019 35340000 <== 35MB
# gunzip gmvid.gmv.gz; ls -al gmvid.gmv
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 35340000 Aug 20 02:45 gmvid.gmv <== 35MB

Hmm... That all looks good. The K3 consistently says it is 35MB with no errors.

On my linux host PC:
$ zcat gmvid.gmv.gz|wc
gzip: gmvid.gmv.gz: unexpected end of file <== Huh?
486853 418192 27438639 <== 27MB
$ gunzip gmvid.gmv.gz
gzip: gmvid.gmv.gz: unexpected end of file
$ ls gmvid.gmv
ls: cannot access gmvid.gmv: No such file or directory

The linux PC either says it is only 27MB (with errors) or refuses to extract it altogether (gunzip).

I suspect that your 2GB size is just another incorrect result. The correct value should be 589 frames * 600 wide * 800 tall / 8 pixels per bit = 35340000 bytes (35MB). I will download the uploaded file and compare to the GOOD one on my K3...

UPDATE: The original file was truncated while uploading to mobileread, and that is what I tested on my linux PC above. I uploaded the original file (copied from my K3), replacing the bad download in the first post in this thread. If you want to see that last few seconds of the final fade-to-black (or if corrupted .gz files bother you), go download the full replacement video file.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-04-2012 at 07:53 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote