View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #33
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
About the screen:
I've owned an Asus dr900, had to return it because it's Sipix screen was too hard on eyes to study on it (plus, it did 30% of what it was supposed to do). Since I'm an e-reading enthusiast I did take lots of pictures to it.

Basing on these pictures + all the pics and videos I've seen about the JBC so far + the ereaders I still own and have known, I'm quite sure this screen is not suitable for studying hours on it (at least with a standard home/office lighting).

Even if you have the eyes of an eagle, there's a 100% certainty about the big difference in readability between this and the pearl of other 9,7".

Firmware: it can't even annotate, and there's no certainty it will be able to do it. When it comes to commercial stuff, I believe when I see, not before. I know how things went for all the other 9,7" touchscreen devices: none of them has been fully developed, none of them has had all the capabilities promised from the beginning, some of them remained very far from reaching them. I think it's enough to decide that waiting is wise, especially since the high price.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 02-27-2012 at 11:24 AM.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote