View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 01:08 AM   #50
lila55
Fanatic
lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360° , iPhone 5, PRS-650, Sony PRS-T2, Sony PRS-T3, Tolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
The question I keep having about the story is: What if Seth succeeded? So everybody on Earth is dead but is now Risen, and nobody dies...wouldn't that be a good thing?
I am not so sure if it really would be desirable to live forever. There are many books in literature which depict a scenario like that, and in most cases the hero is rather miserable and regards the eternal life on earth not as a reward but rather as a punishment, i.e. "All Men are Mortal" by Simone de Beauvoir.
lila55 is offline   Reply With Quote