View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Finding Out the Registered Email Address

Hi,

A bit of a strange question but here goes. I have a friend whose wife has a Kindle Keyboard and has had it for some time and bought quite a few books for it. The other day my friend asked me if it was possible to view the books on a tablet and I said yes using the Kindle App registered to the same account. He'd already done this and there were no books listed which is why he was asking the question.

So he logged into Amazon using his wife's email address and checked MYK page and there were no books listed there. He then logged in using his own account and there were a couple of free books he'd got a while back but none of his wife's purchases. So we concluded that the Kindle must have been registered under a different account but neither of them know what it would be.

So, is there any way one can determine from the Kindle itself what the email address used to register it is? Under settings on mine I can see my name but it doesn't display the email address. Perhaps there's a file somewhere with it in?

Thanks
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote