View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 03:52 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Something special about MobiPocket folder?

Until recently, I've been uploading all my MobiPocket books to the "Books/MobiPocket folder on the iLiad. When I read the books from that folder, nothing "happens" to the original file - it just stays in that same folder.

Recently, though, in order to attempt to organize my books a little, I've created some additional folders under "Books" and started uploading my books to those - eg "Books/SF", "Books/Crime", etc. What I've found with these is that when I open a MobiPocket book in one of these folders, the iLiad creates a separate "sub-folder" for that book and copies the book itself, together with a few other files, into that folder. You don't see these additional folders when you browse the file system on the iLiad itself, but you do when you look at it over USB.

I was just wondering what was "different" about the original Mobipocket folder? It is something to do with the various "XML" files that are in there?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote