View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #15
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Nope. If my choices are a.) read it on "the cloud" garbage and b.) pay a premium for DRMed garbage I'll take choice c.) spend 30 seconds finding and downloaded a pirated copy that I can keep forever without restrictions.
That's pay a premium for NON DRMED content. Just wanted to emphasize that for you.
It may be that many or most people feel that way. WE'll see. There are a heckuva a lot of people who still think that buying an ebook rather than a pbook is crazy. People adapt.
In music , the move is steadily toward subscribe and stream, rather than download and own.

Heck, I'm sure that 15 years ago, there were folks who thought that only crazy people would trust their precious music collection to digital only. SUPPOSE THE HARD DRIVE FAILED! Now there are kids who don't know anything else.