View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #15
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Actually, to add to what Cap said:

I'd further add that I've run into a moderately serious problem when converting epub->mobi in Calibre, which is that if you use EXTERNAL stylesheets in Sigil, when you convert your xhtml epub Sigil file in Calibre, if you have any styling, (for indented parras, for example), you lose all the formatting except on any pages you imported which had their own internal css sheet--at least, I think that's what's happening. I'm going back to a file I'm working on today and replacing all the ss calls to the external ss and see if this resolves the problem with the epub->mobi conversion issue.

I've abruptly discovered that a BUNCH of books I've done lately (and converted from epub->mobi) have no indented paragraphs, despite being styled that way with text:indent in the external css, and working fine in epubs. I figured I would start here.

(For those of you discussing CSS).

NEVER MIND!! note to self: do NOT name css styles beginning with numbers. Calibre HATES it.

Hitch
What you describe is downright scarey! I have had no problem converting Sigil ePub to MOBI using Calibre. I use an external CSS.

e.g.

Code:
p {
  margin: 0; 
  padding: 0 0 5px 0; 
  text-indent: 1.5em;
}
Please let us know what you find.

The only thing I really dont't like is the putrid blue/purple color of the links.

Code:
a {
color: #000000;
}
doesn't work.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote