View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #25
woe
woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
It's a 23-year-old backlist title by a major, household name author who's not going to be chatting with me on Twitter.

The problems I've had with Kobo customer care seem to be about 75% them not bothering to actually read my messages
and responding with some inappropriate, irrelevant boilerplate, and about 25% them not being able to do anything about my problem. In this case, after I carefully explained the matter to them again (a waste of my time, and theirs, that absolutely should not have been necessary) they indicated they'd pass my report along to the content acquisition team, which is about the best outcome I could reasonably hope for - but getting there was quite unnecessarily more difficult than it should have been.

Am I being quite unnecessarily masochistic in using email instead of calling them? The thing is, it is somewhat inconvenient for me to find time in my day to spend on the phone; email is vastly more convenient, and it shouldn't be necessary to avoid email to get a customer care rep capable of carrying on a sensible dialogue!
woe is offline   Reply With Quote