View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #94
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Nexus 7 inch review....

Well, I have 'bit the bullet' so to type, and went out yesterday to Staples and bought a Nexus 7 via a walk-in purchase. They seriously had only one left within the store from a quite hefty first shipment.

The two things that had stopped me from jumping on the Nexus 7 bandwagon, was the lack of a rear-facing camera, and second, the lack of memory expansion. Other than that, it is truly the Asus MeMo 370T in all other regards.

So..why did I do an about-face? I saw one in action...somebody had got their hands on one, and took me upon a hand's on tour...lol.

This 7 inch tablet...is GORGEOUS! This 7 inch tablet is LIGHTENING FAST!

The KOBO app on this tablet will blow you away. There is no waiting for hardware to enact what you want to do. Zoom...Zip....Zammmmmmmm. The pages are updated, downloads are whoosh...and reading interaction is as smooth as butter. The app blends the best of what you see on your Vox, as well as the desk-top 3.0 Oh...btw, did I mention faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast action on the software? Oh yeah....

Battery life is truly an amazing 9 plus hours with doing EVERYTHING, and with wi-fi always on. The battery is a beast! You'll pass out before it will, LOLOLOL. You can either charge the battery via your USB port on your computer, or you can use the faster charging USB wall plug adapter. This battery will charge up full in under 3 hours!!!!

I can really shorten up this review by saying that ANYTHING you want to do with this 7 inch powerhouse, will be nothing short of first rate. Reading, cruising the Net, watching a movie (Netflix at $7.99 per month for unlimited content wraps this area up....) Jellybean 4.1.1. is a gem. It feels like a full O.S. rather than merely what drives a phone.

I do HIGHLY suggest that if you wish to also jump on board, that you only consider the 16 GB version. You will need the added headroom for memory, and when and if you wish to resell your tablet at a later date, this will be the only one that a purchaser would be interested in buying, since you can not slip in extra S.D. memory. I have had it for a day, and already have over a full GB of apps and such.

So...for myself, even though I took a 'firm' stand last week about waiting it out until December to see what comes on down the line, it didn't turn out that way.

I am eating a crow sandwich as I'm using and enjoying my new tab.

I highly recommend the Nexus 7 for reading,.... and anything else one uses a pad for beyond the aforementioned......

P.S. When you open a Google Wallet account, they will credit you with a $25.00 amount. Away you go....new apps, or just grabbing some books. This in effect reduces your cost of the unit by the same. I have already purchased some apps and a couple of books.

R.P.

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 07-17-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: added the P.S. comments....
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote