View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 11:40 PM   #21
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by A4- View Post
YES YES YES... I loved it (and bought the rest of them) Simon is an MR member (spacejock) and offers the first book for free on his website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This is one sad thread. yet again, the ultimate series has not been mentioned.
If you want some real good laughs, go for the entire Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.
Oh oh... shall I finally confess and say I just never could get into the books? **running away as she ducks from big sticks and rocks***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
I enjoyed Funny in Farsi by Firoozeh Dumas. It's a non-fiction memoir of growing up in Iran and in the United States. Ms. Dumas has an excellent sense of humor, and I literally laughed out loud numerous times while I was reading this book. She also has a second book entitled Laughing Without an Accent, which is also humorous, but I liked the first one much better.
I laughed while reading about the hilarious situations and family members also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnoto View Post
Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series are pretty funny; though not in the same genre as Adams or Pratchett.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Earlier this year I read her Plum Spooky, which opens with a friend leaving an uninvited monkey on Stephanie's doorstep for her to care for while the friend is away. The monkey's main mode of communication consists of giving the finger to whoever is most displeasing to it at the moment. This woman has an outrageous sense of humor.

Evanovich.
I buy these in dead tree format as I had started to collect them before I received my Reader. I agree with you both, a very outrageous, down to earth, sense of humor!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote