View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 06:27 PM   #6
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Thanks to Gearhead for figuring this out.

When I first got this working, I thought something was wrong, until I realized this only works on some books. In fact, less than half of the books on my Kindle DX will react to this switch. However, in my view, if I can "fix" any books with this switch, it is a good thing.

Code:
I    don't    care   to    have   extra   space   between   words   in   sentences   just   to   have   an   aligned   right   margin.
I do have an alternative procedure that works on any book. I'll post a thread about that soon.

Here is a script I made that is separate from the usbnetwork script:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

grep_output=`grep ALLOW_JUSTIFICATION_CHANGE "/mnt/us/system/com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader/reader.pref"`
if [ "$grep_output" == "" ]; then
    echo "Not found - adding"
    echo "JUSTIFICATION = left" >> /mnt/us/system/com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader/reader.pref                     
    echo "ALLOW_JUSTIFICATION_CHANGE = true" >> /mnt/us/system/com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader/reader.pref
else
    echo "Justification option already exists in pref file."
fi
1) Create file named justify_option (with above contents) in /etc/init.d using vi editor, or however you can get it in there.
2) Make it executable (I forgot the exact chmod command)
3) Make a link using command:
ln -s /etc/init.d/justify_option /etc/rcS.d/S73justify_option
4) Reboot

Last edited by ectoplasm; 09-08-2009 at 09:52 AM.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote