View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroys View Post
I think the problem is that they're .bmp images, which the DX won't handle
Google books include a mixture of JBIG2 and JPEG2000 images, see Google Books: making the public domain universally accessible. These are often problematic on sub-par PDF viewers. Under Windows PDF95 can produce readable versions (at least for the iLiad), see problem opening pdf files from books.google.com (look at post #10).

Another possibility is to get the ePub versions from the Sony ebook store and convert them to MOBI using Calibre. I have not tried this, and I would be interested in hearing how well this works on the KDX.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote