View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 09:22 AM   #56
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Ah - over 35 times the price. Nice watch though. The ceramic case, sapphire cover and solar power make a very nice watch.

Hmmm.. precision seem to do a nice radio controlled solar powered watch. Granted, not ceramic and sapphire, but less than twice the price of my casio.

I am surprised at how hard it to find a watch with an uncluttered dial.

I suppose that's one advantage of the pebble. One can choose the watch dial design since it's a digital display.
It wasn't that expensive . I paid the equivalent of £360 for it back then. I owned a slew of cheap watches before, and was fed up with them, so I bought a Seiko MessageWatch (remember those?) and was very happy with that (being able to send messages to it and get news on it was fun; it was a bit of a smartwatch-avant-la-lettre) until they stopped the time syncing and messaging service back in '99 and it turned out to keep horrible time without it (it drifted almost 5 minutes per day!).

After that I decided to get something really good and spend some coin. That became the Junghans.

Yeah, those smartwatches are fun, but they all look so clunky. They are getting there, though; especially the new LG Urbane is pretty tempting...
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote