View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #11
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
Exactly. It's a small step forward, but it's good to see a step forwards instead of backwards.

I have a Nook, a Kindle, and plenty of DRM-free ePubs and Mobi files. At least now I can legally convert them to use on whichever reader I wish. Plus, I can scan paper books to use on my ereaders. For me, these are useful functions that I would like to be able to do without breaking the law.
Does this allow scanning services to be used to scan and digitize paper books for personal use? I highly doubt you would want to spend either the time and or money to do so yourself. Mostly time if you scan individual pages of a book one at a time. Or money to invest into an automated multi page scanner that will scan a whole book by itself. Another thing to consider with the automated approach (you or a scanning service) is the neccesity to destroy the book. Once you cut the binding off, I doubt the book has much resale value if it is even legal to do so.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote