View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #4
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
The anti-circumvention provision is similar to anti-circumvention provisions in U.S. and Canadian legislation, and is just as poorly thought out.
I (and the blog post that I linked in the OP) agree that the anti-circumvention clause is silly. I still think, though, that this is an improvement in UK copyright law. At least now I can legally rip all of my CDs to MP3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
It's even more insane (but not at all surprising) that not only did copyrightholders fight this right , they also tried to demand some form of compensation for letting people have it.
It's even more ridiculous given that the BPI said that they wouldn't sue anyone for making personal copies back in 2006.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote