View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 02:11 AM   #40
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamada View Post
Oh God, this. I understand the passion of wanting the "best" device you can get, having preferences, etc., but at the end of the day it's an electronic reader to you know, read stuff on.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing inherently bad with being a gadget freak. All the fussing over minor things about individual e-readers some times begs the question - "do you actually enjoy reading?"
But there's a small, teensy-weensy problem.

If a book has a bad print, or huge margins or sucky font, then you just read the book (or not), and move on to the next one, which will have different print, margins and fonts.

In case of an e-reader, if it cannot be set to what you prefer most, then it will irk you *each and every book you read*. And then, you'll not enjoy reading.

Honestly, I've created my own (fat) version of Deja Vu Serif which I now use on the Paperwhite. I can't even think of going back to one of the Kindle's fonts. They are ALL wrong now. Too thin (Baskerville), too fat (Helvetica), too wide (Caecilia), too much spacing (Palatino)...

If it was at all possible, I'd much prefer a reader that's a combination between a KPW and a Kobo Glo: The firmware stability of the KPW, but with the features of the Glo.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote