View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 12:54 AM   #38
Yamada
Enthusiast
Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad; K1/2/DX; Some Sony thing I bought at Yodobashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
At what point is an e-reader 'good enough'? Especially if what you do is read on it. I could see some software improvements (these I am currently dealing with by hacks), but as far as the physical reading experience I am extremely content. Screen resolution is better than my eyes can appreciate, the front light on mine works great. There is enough memory for more books than I can read in several years and the physical size and weight are about perfect for me. Nope, don't see me buying another reader for quite a while.
Oh God, this. I understand the passion of wanting the "best" device you can get, having preferences, etc., but at the end of the day it's an electronic reader to you know, read stuff on.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing inherently bad with being a gadget freak. All the fussing over minor things about individual e-readers some times begs the question - "do you actually enjoy reading?"
Yamada is offline   Reply With Quote