View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #89
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
My reading habits are the worst for e-readers. I get multiple subscriptions - two daily newspapers - so I leave 3g on all the time.
I read with the light at about 14.
And, reading newspapers, I browse articles a lot, which hurts battery life.
Long story short, I have to recharge my PW every other day.
I understand how Amazon computes battery life, but the claims are nevertheless BS, and certainly misleading.

Anyhow, battery life on my iPad mini is very similar. Compare the advertising. Apple says 10 hours. Amazon says 8 weeks. But, somehow, they are the same. Or almost. 12 hours vs. 10 hours.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote