View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 09:06 AM   #15
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Version #

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzroger View Post
Hello all,
today the Kindle arrived. It's unpacked charged and working fine.
I have been browsing this forum reading all sorts of interesting things, but one thing is confusing. People talk about Kindle 1,2,3 & 4.
I looked in, on & under the box, in the basic manual and even used a magnifying glass to read the small stuff on the back of the device. I may have missed it, but, how do I know which one it is so that I can relate to the posts.
This one is dark grey, has a keyboard, is wi-fi and has total of 4 Gigs memory with 3 Gigs available for the user. Sorry if this has been asked before, but if so, I can't find the thread.

zzroger
Press Menu / Settings. Then look at the bottom of your screen. The major version # indicates your Kindle hardware. Thus, my version is 3.3 and the major version # is a "3."

The major verion # corresponds to the Generation Number. I use the 3rd Generation.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-30-2011 at 09:08 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote