View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 09:29 AM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have had great results with ABC Amber PDF Converter and ABBYY PDF Transformer. I have also made extensive use of Stingo's Word Macro (found in the MobileRead Wiki.) Your macro deserves to be there too.

I have found that the quality of the conversion from PDF depends on the content of the PDF. If it is text based then the conversion is very good and the problems are limited to headers, footers, and other physical page artifacts. The only other real issue is the encoding scheme -- Unicode vs. 8 bit vs. ASCII etc. If it is an image inside the PDF then the output quality is directly related to the OCR properties.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote