View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Administration: New years reading categories

Hi All,

The October Book Club Category was the last one on the original schedule. It is time to put together a new schedule.

I think we have learned some things this past year.

1. Limiting to free books isn't easy when the category is very narrow.
2. Some of the categories were not well defined ahead of time.
3. Some categories were not as popular as others.

Here was the previous schedule:

January 09
Science Fiction (can be from anywhere, including our library)

February 09
MobileRead Contemporary (can be any genre, but must be contemporary and must be available in our library)

March 09
Nonfiction (can be from anywhere, including our library)

April 09
MobileRead Author (must be a book from an author who frequents MobileRead)

May 09
Horror (can be from anywhere, including our library)

June 09
MobileRead Classic

July 09
Humor (can be from anywhere, including our library)

August 09
MobileRead Contemporary

September 09
Mystery (can be from anywhere, including our library)

October 09
MobileRead Author

Some worked well, some didn't. I was thinking we should make the categories less narrow and more like a "Genre"... Like, is classic a genre?

Also, I think it might be nice to try to theme the genre with the month. Like perhaps October should be horror since it contains Halloween. April would be a good month for humor.

I would like to see us get an annual schedule thing we could repeat each year... but maybe some don't want the same schedule each year.

So... the floor is open... what would you guys like to see?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote