View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 05:16 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBalsam
After reading a number of posts from people who had problems after installing the firmware upgrade to their Reader, I have decided not to do the firmware update at this time.

Can I install the update to the Connect desktop software and connect to my Reader that does not have the firmware upgrade?

I would like to hear from anyone who has tried this. Did it cause any problems?

Thanks - LBalsam
I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about. The majority of posts from people who've had problems have been using unsupported environments - Macs, etc. Even with those there have only been a handful of reports compared with the overwhelming majority for whom it's gone flawlessly (other than a battery meter issue which requires a soft reset).

I'm sure that you can upgrade Connect independently, but it's going to "nag" you about upgrading the Reader's firmware every time you plug it in. Best just to get it over and done with, IMHO.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote