View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 09:47 AM   #6
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Congratulations, Kevin!
Thanks!! I was pretty excited to win it! I think I got it relatively cheaply cause the auction ended at an odd time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riemann42 View Post
I don't understand the cover thing, myself. I think it would get in my way while reading in bed.
Funny you should mention that as I normally despise any kind of case/cover on my other devices(cell phones mainly). I always run my cell phones naked but for some reason I love the having the cover on my Sony. Maybe it reminds more of opening a book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
You need a micro-SD or micro-SDHC card in order to root your nook.
Hmmm, will have to add that to my list of things to pick up. At least they are very cheap for 1-2 gig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
I would suggest you play your new Nook with the stock firmware for a week or two, just to realize how it behaves as is. Then after rooting your Nook, you can realize how much it improve your Nook.

Btw, I heard that B&N may release a new firmware upgrade very soon (should be within a few weeks). You may hang around with the stock firmware until the new firmware comes out, before deciding to root your Nook.

For me, rooting Nook was easy to do and so far have had only positive experience.

I ordered my Nook with Tupper Quote green cover which color I love, and Industriell fold cover is on the way.
Thanks for the info bthoven! Much appreciated. I will likely play with the nook for a week or two before I take the plunge and will keep my eye out for firmware updates too and see how that pans out. That said though I really like some of the features the rooted software adds, I like the idea of being able to connect to my Calibre server to get books. I think I will likely go with the industriell cover as I like the way it clips onto the reader, I don't think I will like the straps as much.

Thanks everyone for there responses!!

Kevin
ould is offline   Reply With Quote