View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #46
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Well, I read a lot on my netbook and Calibre renders those epubs really fine. That good enough for you?
Wouldn't Mobipocket Reader be a better option for these devices given the number of books available in that format?

Quote:
What about Ipods and Iphones? I guess there may be more users reading books on Iphones than on hardware readers (but that is just a guess).
I was not aware that was significant. If it is and epub is the only format available, then I can see it as an important driver. I think I need to visit some of the other forums here.

Quote:
Sony launches the 505 in Germany this year and Sony's promotion is anchored on the epub format and the german ebook sellers will sell epubs.
If you mean they'll be selling epub format books instead of LR*, then that is unfortunate, in my opinion - that is, for the readers who will have to put up with the inadequacies of the Sony firmware for rendering epubs.

Quote:
Epub, technically speaking, has the most future potential of all formats.
Yes, but it wasn't clear that it has any present need whatsoever, or at least until you've mentioned the Apple devices.

Quote:
Mobi and LRF once were in the same situation than epub is now, but did you hesitate to create ebooks?
Well, when I joined 18 months ago, Mobi, LRF, and IMP were the only formats being used and so that's what people have been making.

I appreciate your comments and info, mtravellerh. Thanks.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote