View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBooks View Post
As an example, with our MP3's I update artist details, add synchronized text lyrics, get album cover artwork....and save this to the metadata of the file. It now contains everything we would ever need. I can drag any song to our phones or laptops, email songs to my sister, and never worry about a tethered database or missing data for that song. I am looking to do the same with our books.

Great scoop on adding files. Thanks.
@AZBooks - You won't be able to achieve the same with e-books as you do with music directly, that's probably because the standards for embedded metadata in ebooks are not as mature as music standards are, and because there are too many proprietary formats.

But you can include whatever the metadata you want as a 'jacket' which will appear right after the cover - to get a jacket into the book check Preferences->Conversion->Common Options->Structure Detection>Insert metadata page at start of book

The 'jacket' will have the following data
  • title
  • series
  • author
  • publisher
  • pubdate
  • rating
  • tags
  • comments
To see what a jacket looks like, Polish an EPUB with Add metadata as a 'book jacket' page checked and then View the EPUB. To polish a book, select one that has an EPUB (or AZW3) and press p

Yep, you can make it prettier and add additional items to the jacket, including any custom columns. You'll probably need help to do that - just holler and someone will provide guidance.

Good luck - BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-09-2013 at 08:28 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote