View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 07:45 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Future electronic readers

I read an article in PC World last night about the newest round of micro processors from Intel and AMD. This article says that due to the new processors we can look for new kindles, Sony PRSs, B&N Nook's that have 1) better resolution on the screens (they will be better at showing graphs, illustrations and digarams then current models are); and 2) have lower power rquirements (your batteries will last approximatly 30% longer then your current models do). I have been reading about work going on in the memory chip market that explained that the work has not yielded any real improvement in speed as yet but may do so in the future. Showing that your Kindle 4 will not be any faster to load the books then the kindle 3 is, same goes for the future Sony PRS readers (what ever model number Sony choses to give the new models) and the new Nook Color 2 (I am assuming that B&N will make use of Amazon's naming convention). The article said to expect the new processors to be pressed into service in new gagets (code word for electronic book readers) within two months.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote