View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #10
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
That's fine by me, but remember that the reason I didn't fuzzy match more aggressively is that automerge is AUTOmatic. An error in automerge meant a lost book format. If we are doing duplicate finding with manual review on a dialog screen with merging manually controlled to find the best format or not merge, we can be much more aggressive.
I'll reply to this in detail on the Duplicate Detection thread as to why I suggested it may be this way in the first release. There are some reasonings for my comment that I would like feedback on, but I don't want to split the discussion across threads. I absolutely agree that "fuzzier" searches on both author and title should be in at least its longer term goals. Whether such additions are required for the first version of the plugin is open for debate imho.

Last edited by kiwidude; 02-07-2011 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Linked to other response
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote