View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 03:25 AM   #14
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
He pathetically (and angrily) refuses to directly answer the first question about the e-ink technology: Pearl or not Pearl? But he swears that you could not tell the difference! Without proving it, of course.
He must have graduated from the Vladimir Putin Conversation School.
I don't like it neither that they don't clearly communicate on the screen. Though I didn't thought he answered angrily, nor pathetically, he just knows saying they don't have Pearl screens will make them loose (maybe only a few) customers, but it would be more honest (which I personally would prefer).

Eventually someone will do what he says and compare Pocketbook's products with Kindle's, Sony's etc. I'm beginning to wonder about those Pearl screens though...Only element of comparing we have is Kindle 2/DX vs Kindle 3/DXG, the later looking considerably better, but then there's another a thread in the Kindle forum where you it seems Kindle 2i and Kindle 2 don't have the same contrast, when they're supposed to have the same screen. I thought all the screen of the same generation would have the same quality / contrast, but it doesn't seem that simple. Plus it's unclear to me how the better contrast is achieved...Is it on the software side, hardware side, etc.

Sadly it will be hard or impossible for me (here in France), as for most people in fact, to be able to compare a Kindle 3, Sony 650 and Pocketbook 603 side by side. So they can say "well just compare the devices", knowing can't....Or maybe the Pearl screens are not that much better ?
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote