Thread: Samsung Note 8
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #117
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by talaivan View Post
I bought one, used it for 2 weeks, and returned it. I got it for the stylus, but found that the iPad works much better with my Adonit stylus than the Note 8 does with the built-in one. I use Note Plus on the mini, and that does an excellent job of converting handwriting to text. In addition, you can select the text you want converted -- which you can't do on the Note 8. Beyond this, I found that many of the programs (e.g. Dish Anywhere) that work well on the mini have serious problems on the Note 8. I came to feel that Android is simply inferior to iOS for most things. One exception, however -- I used Aldiko Premium as an eReader and, because of the higher screen resolution on the Note, that is better than any of the readers on the Mini. I'm hoping the next iPad Mini has retina. I should add that handwriting on the iPad with Notes Plus looks much much better than handwriting that is possible on the Note (I used LectureNotes and S-Note). That is because Notes Plus (and some other iOS apps) allows you to write in a magnified window at the bottom of the screen.
yup, Apple seems to have indeed burned through all the Alpha Consumers and now can only deliver omega consumers.

Seriously glad you found a device that fits your needs. Enjoy it...
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote