View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #9
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
Well, I have spent quite some time at Borders with the 700 and there is no comparison between the amount of glare on the 700 compared to 505. I am speaking from my own experience with it. And yes there is glare on every reader to some degree and while I agree that books with glossy paper have glare, there is no glare, NONE, on an average everyday paperback novel. And that is what I want in the perfect reader. That reader has not arrived yet sadly, but the 700 is the furthest from that imo. The pictures in the other thread showing the comparison between the 700 and 505 clearly show this to be true.

Is there a workaround? Sure-just angle it away from the light source. But that does not change the fact there is more glare and a dimmer text as a result of the touch screen. Would I let that stop me from buying the 700 if I really wanted a touch screen-nope. Just depends on what is most important to ya. For me readability trumps all. For others it might be something else.

Oh, and none of this takes away from your review. Very nicely done and the 700 is chock full of nice features. Best around in that dept imo.

Last edited by Mrgauth; 03-28-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote