View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #26
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhamm View Post
Has anyone seen this article about a grandmother wanting to ban books from a public library because her grandson was able to borrow an "adult" book?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/20...tic-novel.html
I don't think the book should be banned. However, a 9 year old cannot buy a R rated movie ticket without a parent's approval, so why should a 9 yr old be allowed to check out a book that, if rated as a movie, would be an R? Why couldn't the library have an adult section, that you have to be a certain age before you can check out a book without parental consent?

I wish all books came with some kind of rating so I would know what I am getting without having to do as much research as I do. I don't generally care for books that have graphic violence or sex, but if I get one by mistake, I can skip pages or stop reading. It's very hard for me to get books for my 14 yr old granddaughter. I don't want to give her books with graphic violence or sex and without reading them myself, sometimes it's very hard to know for sure.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote