View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #374
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
I'm confused. Exactly what then in my original statement were you disagreeing with? It made no judgment about the susceptibility of "fans" -- in general -- to scams like this. Only in relation to other types of fans. I was comparing Apple fans vs. Android fans in my original statement -- and only that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
I was just gently ribbing Apple fans, aka "sheeple" to many including Samsung. Sheeple are more prone to being conned.

But seriously, I don't really believe the fruity folk are any more likely than the robot fans to be conned by this classic scam.
When I initially read your post I took the first sentence to mean that previously you were making fun of Apple fans and were extending the derogatory name to fans of other brands, since there is nothing indicating that you are comparing Apple fans to other fans in that sentence. Then you said that "sheeple" are more prone to being conned, and since at this point I thought that you were using the term to describe fans in general, I took it to mean that fans are more likely to be conned than non-fans, considering that you were replying to my post where I was disagreeing with you about your previous statement that indicated that you thought that the buyer was an Apple fan making this a fan vs. non-fan comparison.

Since in your next sentence you said that you don't believe that Apple fans are more likely than Android fans to be conned, the logic seemed to hold.

I see now that you were comparing Apple fans to Android fans, But I still don't understand why you would say that Apple fans are more likely to be conned in one sentence and equally likely in the next, and also why this would come in reply to my post, where I didn't mention Android fans.