View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
From the looks of it, Random House have now gone Agency in Canada (at least for Kobo purposes) and have additionally inflated their list prices as well.

There are some RH books from a particular author which I distinctly recall seeing earlier this week with a base price of $6.99, discounted to $5.79 "regularly" before coupons, which I'd been toying with buying with one of my 35% off contest coupons, which are now at $8.99 each and non-discountable.

It's probably just as well that almost every Random House book I had on my wishlist to buy was something I already owned in paper or can find in the library.

But it's really a shame for the people who don't have good library access or who were building up replacement collections of their paper stuff.

Maybe RH will get a higher dollar-quantity return on their newer releases and "bestsellers", but I think sales of their much older backlist, which they've generally been pretty good at making available, might suffer at set prices above most mass-market paperbacks and with the perceived ephemerality of the e-book format in comparison to paper.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote