View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #5
AndyfromVA
Zealot
AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook 1E, K3, K4, Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasV View Post
The Kindle 3 has bad ergonomics, too many buttons, leaving little space to grip it comfortably, I found myself accidentally turning pages. I returned it and got a Nook Touch, which has the best design, in my opinion. It is the has page turning buttons on the side, that are hard to press accidentally but easy to press when you need to.

Web browsing on the Kindle 3 is a total pita, you have to navigate through links using the directional pad. Just think of all the links on a given webpage you visit, which you take for granted because of a mouse. When you have to skip over everyone one to reach the one you want, you will understand frustration.
I've owned my KK 3g SO for about two months now and, while it has a few minuses, it has some definite pluses as well. Yes, the page buttons can be touched accidentally and I've done it several times. On the other hand, the page buttons are large and work very smoothly. On the whole, I think the page buttons work really well and are a major plus. I totally agree that web browsing on the K3 is terrible as the directional pad is too small and clunky to use comfortably. But to check out your email and write some short messages, it works OK. The KK is small and lightweight, has a good, sharp e-ink screen, great battery life, very fast page turns and is easy to use. Finally it allows you to access Amazon's vast collection of e-books, almost all of which you can sample before you buy. All in all, it's a great e-reader.

I've played around with the Nook Touch and it's a very fine e-reader as well, as long as you're comfortable using the touch interface. But although it has page buttons, they aren't easy to operate. Some people like touch and for them the Nook, Kobo and Kindle touch are preferable, but for a non-touch e-reader it's hard to top the Kindle Keyboard.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote