Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #1261
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
errr.... I kind of recall something (an extension???) that does that..

*goes off and looks for it*

EDIT:

Ah right.... looks like orientationLock is no longer respected in 5.3.3. for the MAIN UI ?? Hadn't remembered/noticed that... sorry.

however... if you want it for books... read on.
The only real extra this gives you is the inverted landscape view (probably why I hid it away)

I will repack the HELPER in readiness for the next release to have the following amends...

Spoiler:
Okay.. so I dug.. this still works for books...

I don't know about a PW but on a touch...
(There is a SIMILAR script hidden in KUAL HELPER extensions folder, so you would need to EDIT that or to make an ameded copy/script of your own...)

/mnt/us/extensions/helper/bin/setorientation.sh (U D L or R)

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# I think this is now creds of Ixtab / Yifan Lu. repacked by Twobob.
SETPROP=/usr/bin/lipc-set-prop
PREFS=/var/local/java/prefs/com.amazon.ebook.framework/prefs

case "$1" in
"L"|"R"|"U")
        $SETPROP com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock $1
        ;;
"D")
eips 2 38 "NO LONGER SUPPORTED"
        ;;
esac
Also of note...

nano -w -$ /var/local/java/prefs/com.amazon.ebook.framework/prefs

anyways. something like that.

if you wanted to add it the the KUAL HELPER BUTTONS then the menu.json would require the following additions.

Code:
                        {"name": "Rotation U", "priority": 6, "action": "bin/setorientation.sh", "params": "U"},
                        {"name": "Rotation L", "priority": 7, "action": "bin/setorientation.sh", "params": "L"},
                        {"name": "Rotation R", "priority": 8, "action": "bin/setorientation.sh", "params": "R"}

FULL EXAMPLE:

Spoiler:
Code:
{
        "items": [
                {
                "name": "Helper",
                "priority": 0,
                "items": [
                        {"name": "BEGIN Grayed Installer", "priority": 1, "action": "bin/start_update.sh"},
                        {"name": "TOGGLE UsbNetworking", "priority": 2, "action": "bin/usbnetwork.sh"},
                        {"name": "PREVENT ScreenSaver", "priority": 3, "action": "bin/ssprevent.sh"},
                        {"name": "ALLOW ScreenSaver", "priority": 4, "action": "bin/ssallow.sh"},
                        {"name": "SHOW Network Info ", "priority": 5, "action": "bin/411.sh", "params": "711"},
                        {"name": "Rotation U", "priority": 6, "action": "bin/setorientation.sh", "params": "U"},
                        {"name": "Rotation L", "priority": 7, "action": "bin/setorientation.sh", "params": "L"},
                        {"name": "Rotation R", "priority": 8, "action": "bin/setorientation.sh", "params": "R"}
                ]
                }
        ]
}

limited usefulness but meh. it's there. Enjoy.
Ok, I didn't understand a word of that except that the functionality is still there, you just have to customize it? No idea how to go about it though, but glad to know it can be done
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote