View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by steman View Post
Hi folks, I own a german GLO. I would like to test / install a new firmware as posted as zip file in the threads above. I unzipped the file and copied once the whole folder and in a second try only the contents of the firmware zip folder to the root directory of the glo. Then did a hadrware reset (with the small hole / button). But nothing happens.
Do I miss something? How can I tell the GLO. Hey you have got a new firmware on your SD - please install it.
You don't have to use the root-folder of the device, you have to use the .kobo folder. Copy the contents of the zip-file to that folder (NOT to the sd-card). If you've done that, after disconnecting, the Kobo automatically will start upgrading.

Full manual is found here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...81&postcount=3

Be aware that you use the right download-file, using the wrong one may brick your device.

Just to make sure, after buying the Glo you synced it at least once by Wifi, or with the desktop application, so you have the latest official firmware, and it is your goal to use a non-official firmware (where official means that it is officially offered to YOUR device).

Last edited by echwel; 11-20-2012 at 09:50 AM. Reason: adding link, correcting wrong spelling of foldername
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote