View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #11
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I have an older Plustek Opticbook 3600 and I find it fast enough.
I *used* to have access to a very fast professional grade epson scanner (100ppm with the sheetfeeder) and the scan head return speed was fast enough that for dual-page scanning the limiting factor on speed was my ability to flip pages and align the book. Usually I could scan a full technical report (20-40 pages, grayscale 300dpi) in about 5 minutes without rushing.
The same applies to the Opticbook; *I* am the bottleneck.
For me, that is fast enough to archive my older, dying paperbacks.

Not all scanner vendors publish full scan-cycle times; they usually only report the single-page scan speed but not the head return times so be careful with advertised speeds.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote