View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #23
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Between Kobo, B&N, Sony and others, are you really sure Kindle is most in the US when you combine the total number of ePub capable readers vs the total number of Kindles? I would doubt it. But world wide, ePub is #1.
Well, nobody knows for sure, but Goldman Sachs estimated kindle US marketshare at 67%. All independent estimates that I know of have kindle US marketshare at over 60%. The sales of Kobo and Sony combined are only about 10-15% that of kindle sales in the US. Worldwide, I've seen estimates of Kindle marketshare anywhere from 48% to 55%. General consensus is that kindle is about two-thirds US marketshare and one half global marketshare.

Last edited by spellbanisher; 10-27-2011 at 07:59 PM.
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote