View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesMacs View Post
Did you have any difficulty keeping track of what was going on when you read it? I have this in paperback but I haven't gotten around to reading it * --partly because it seems a little intimidating when you pick up a random page and find the tale of a completely different character.

* My TBR pile is large both physically and virtually.

I'm one of these strange individuals who reads more than one book at once. However, when I read this it was part of what I was required to read for a Gothic class toward a Ph.D.

I was always aware of this book, but had never gotten around to reading it. I remember being absolutely entranced by it when I started it. It has stories-within-stories (as mentioned), but I love this type of story-telling, so I fell right into it.

I was reading other things, too, since at that time since I was required to take three doctoral level classes and teach two classes on composition.

I'm getting ready to tackle my re-reading of Proust (in order, this time), and am trying to get all my current reading down to zero, except for a zombie novel (something light and stupid) when I tire of reading Proust's delicious sentences [in translation].

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote