View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 04:48 PM   #20
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
A day later.....

Owning both the Vox and the Touch models, in my opinion, completes the e-Reader journey. They can both travel with you together, and each one gives you 100 percent user experience for their purpose in design.

I have switched over to the Touch for book (non colour, non mags, non newspaper, etc) reading. Much easier on the eyes for hours-extended, with absolutely no issues with worrying that your battery charge with expire away from the computer/charger. Also, with form factor and almost non-existent weight to hold as you read,.... fantastic!

I heartily recommend that any Vox owner that does not already have a Touch, grab one at the Indigo $119.99 sale price, and also pick up a sale price Touch cover. You will NOT be buying in redundancy. Own it for a day (the Touch) and you will see the wisdom of having the two techs side-by-side.

Of course, the Vox lets you read your books without also owning a companion Touch...but reading from the Touch is a most superior read for 'pulp (no illustraions published with colour). No back-light radiation eye fatigue, and much less weight to hold up. Size, LOL, does matter!. Having said that though, you DO NEED a light source to shine down upon the Touch's e-Ink display to read it. I found that laying in bed with the ceiling light illuminating the room from above, and directly behind the e-Ink display, didn't cut it for the Touch. You need an over-the-shoulder lighting, bathing the Touch's screen to read/view comfortably. If you are sitting up though, any overhead lighting source will be more than enough.

The Vox's back lit display is much better suited for totally dark, or a light source from BEHIND the Vox's/Touch's display. Back lit is the only way to go in that case (laying in bed prone, with ceiling light as the only source, as an example.)

Bottom line, if you can spare another $119.00 plus $20.00 (and then the H.S.T. on both) for your reading life...than go for it! You won't be disappointed in the slightest....

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 12-16-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote