View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
storage space available...

was setting up the little ones vox and checking things out, when I decided to look at the storage..and was absolutely shocked...

out of the 8GB, Under 6GB is visible to the system (I believe it was 5.45GB..currently charging right now..will check and update later.). Out of that amount, .98GB is available...seriously.

Considering they advertise 8000 book capacity, internally, at 1MB average a book, this is a pretty serious issue of false advertising. There aren't even all that many pre-loaded apps to begin with.

Can anyone else with a Vox confirm what I'm seeing on ours? I mean, I know that there's external storage option available, and Kobo is loved for this, but less than a GB free out of 8GB's??? Wow...

UPDATE - I'm going to amend what I said, because it's a bit confusing...there's two listing for "Internal Storage"; one that says just internal storage which shows available space being .90GB. There's the other listing (which I took to be the same) as "Internal SD Storage" with 5.45GB total space and 5.24GB of available space.

Better @ 5.24GB free, but still does't jive with their claim, not to mention confusing as it seems they have two different storage spaces, and the lower amount is what's shown first... When I check my transformer, it just shows Total space (26.81GB) and available space (25.39GB), along with how much space the apps are taking...

Last edited by Psyke; 10-28-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote