View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 11:34 AM   #41
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Well, it all started Friday night when the garbage disposal jammed up. I didn't have the right wrench to fix it, so I called the plumber. He couldn't come until Monday, so I went to the hardware store to buy a wrench and try to fix it myself.

I could not get the wrench to budge ... not one inch. So, I figured I'd wait until Monday and have the plumber fix it.

Yesterday, I went into my office to find a half an inch of water on the floor. The office is nowhere near the kitchen, but does share a common wall with the water heater and water softener. So, I went out into the garage, and sure enough, the water softener was leaking. Why it was leaking into the wall, I'll never know.

So, I called the plumber back and said I now had an emergency. He came out, examined the water softener and we agreed, the thing was toast. So, $1,500 for a new water softener. The disposal was also terminal, so $600 for a new disposal, and $400 in labor for the work done on Friday and to be done on Monday and Tuesday.

I am now drying out a lot of electrical equipment in the yard. At least it's sunny ... although it was only 30 degrees (F) when I got up this morning, but there is next to no humidity, so it should dry out pretty quickly.

Sorry to hear that Ricky .. insurance will cover it, won't it??
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote