View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #55
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
Though here in the US, unless I've just been looking in the wrong places for how to do it, Onyx, Bookeen, Icarus, & Pocketbook are difficult and relatively more expensive to get?
Yes, they're harder to get and more expensive (some may be impossible to get). Thing is it might be worth it to some users to pay more to get what is the right reader for them instead of ending up buying two or more of the easy to get ones and ending up not completely satisfied. Just depends on the features one wants/needs.

Not saying one needs to buy one of these other brands. I'd guess most folks would be fine with a Kobo or Nook. It's when you have problems (like all of the little Kobo glitches/bugs) that you might look for alternates.

As for support from obscure vendors I got better support when needed from Bookeen (even though I had to ship to France) than I have from B&N or Kobo.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote