View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 03:17 AM   #61
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
The idea behind librerator is brilliant. I am using it to access my mobi books per folder, not per collection. I am moving the books in .../books not .../documents, and using kite to run Librerator.

I have found librerator creates the cr3cache folder. What is the reasoning behind this folder? I mean: the space on kindle is premium; I would delete the contents of cr3cache quite often. Is it ok? As well, are there some options for configuring this cache?

Thank you.
cr3cache is generated by crengine component. CREngine needs it to function properly. It allows it to open epub/mobi/fb2 files a lot faster on the subsequent openings. You can delete it any time you like, but it will be regenerated next time you open the book. If there's no entry for that book in cr3cache, it will take a lot longer to load.

Sometimes, cr3cache gets corrupted, and as a result, you won't be able to open certain epub/fb2/mobi book. I don't know why this happens, it's probably some bug in crengine. Then you will have to manually delete either the cr3cache entry for the specific book or cr3cache folder altogether to fix it.

Caching and such high level operations are a black box to me. Don't expect me to fiddle with them .

Edit:
Oh, and you probably know this, but just in case: you can make Librerator open any folder you like by modifying the file that goes in kite folder. If you want it to open books instead of documents, the file contents should be like this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/us/librerator/librerator.sh /mnt/us/books
Launchpad users can achieve the same by modifying librerator.ini file that goes to launchpad folder.

Regards,
Kai771

Last edited by Kai771; 01-11-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote