View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 01:41 AM   #415
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
C. J. Cherryh Foreigner Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I'm deep into Invader, and totally caught up in the series again. Which is great, since I will be using it for my swimming and bike workouts.
Finished Invader, by C. J. Cherryh, read by Daniel Thomas May. Very good. The reading is a bit slow, but tolerable, and the voices well done and easily distinguished. This is a strange series in some ways. Long passages that don't really have much happening, but the main character, Bren Cameron, doing a stream of consciousness angst. Which usually I would avoid like the plague. But here, it works for me. The world Ms. Cherryh has created is compelling, different, and interesting, and the characters are consistent. This is the second book in the series, and the entire series is available on Audible. I'm enjoying it and finding excuses to listen -- always a good sign.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote