View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
shakeitsalome
shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(Black)
A Few Noob Questions about K4NT

My daughter and I are both getting K4NT (in black, oooo!) for Christmas. I got hers yesterday - my mother has mine so I won't give it to myself too early - and spent a little time today charging it and loading books downloaded here onto it via Calibre. I skipped registering as I was away from WiFi.

I realize I could have saved myself some worry if I'd asked these before spending time but here goes:

When I pressed the button to put it into sleep mode, I saw a screensaver, not a special offer. Once I connect it to WiFi and get her registered the SOs will show up won't they? Also, will they disappear if she keeps it in airplane mode or do they download a batch at a time to cycle through for so long?

The books I spent time sideloading (that is the term isn't it? Total n00b here!) today will stay there until removed, right? Or will registering the Kindle wipe out whatever content I loaded? It's no big deal if it does as loading them took only a few moments and was pretty easy to do.

Do I even have to register it? The books she's mainly interested in reading at this time are all out of copyright and I found them all here and on Gutenberg. She has an amazon account already and has gotten free kids books to read on Kindle 4 PC. The main reason she asked for a Kindle is so she can carry her books with her. So unless she says she wants those books I can leave it unregistered. Right?

Thank you all in advance. I've been lurking the boards constantly since signing up and have learned so much. I am so glad this form came up high in search results when I was researching Kindles before committing to getting one for myself.

-Josie
shakeitsalome is offline   Reply With Quote