View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
Zoshka
Connoisseur
Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 & 4, Nook Tablet
Having owned the Fire, ipad 2, and NT, that article seems spot on. I really noticed the reflectivity on the Fire ("Mirror mirror on the Fire, are you worth it for a buyer?"), the ipad 2 seems overly pixelated after the other tablets, and the NT has a superb screen (unfortunately, the lack of and high cost of apps made me return it). I don't see the criticism of photo viewing on a device as important, especially since 2 of them don't have cameras and the ipad's camera is awful.

It will be an interesting 2012, though, with the ipad 3 and perhaps a smaller version, other high-resolution tablets among the tablet-war survivors, and the price pressures on everyone from Amazon. It's really exciting as a reader to hope for the amazing text of a Retina display on a tablet.
Zoshka is offline   Reply With Quote