View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #16
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I'm glad your library owns copies of every book you'd like to read!
If they don't - they can usually get it for me. But yes, I mainly read current mainstream fiction so chances are pretty good that our library loan system will have a copy. And if they don't, I now have a Calibre library of over a 1000 books and that entire back catalog of Public Domain that I should have read more of anyway. I've yet to find myself in a position where I feel forced to buy a book. The one book I can remember buying was a POD for a friend/author ad I didn't buy it because I wanted it that bad, I bought it because she's my friend.

I'm fairly confident that overall my library stocks a far larger catalog selection than the Borders B&M store.

Mostly I've just come to the conclusion that I'm going to read about 110 books a year. Given that there are about 280,000 books published a year .... I think the odds are pretty good that I'll be able to find plenty that meet my criteria of format and price.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote