View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #182
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicardoAbreu View Post
Hello, everyone. I'm new here, so please forgive any mistakes related to your standard "I'm annoyed" posting procedures...

Quick question: is it possible to purchase B&N eBooks from outside the US, using an international Credit Card?

The reason I ask is actually quite bizarre. Though it seems to me that online purchases (especially the ones related to download-based "goods") don't really need any physical counterpart, our friends at B&N apparently feel otherwise. I sent them an e-mail a couple of weeks ago inquiring about the possibility of using the Nook's 3G internationally, and what I got as a response was a statement that it was not possible for them to sell Nook and eBooks to international costumers.

OK, I can understand the lack of international shipping for the actual device, but the eBooks? Well... Is that really accurate?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo

(I'm in Brazil, btw)
You can buy books on your PC.
You need to register your B&N account with an US shipping and billing address. You can use any valid US address, just google something.
The billing address is not verified with the credit card company, so this will work fine.
You need to install an VPN like Hotspot Shield (free) or alwaysVPN ($8,50) to get an US IP-address.

Before buying books start the VPN, than go to the B&N website and buy the books. If your Nook has a Wifi connection you can download the books to the Nook by choosing "Check for new B&N content" on your Nook, otherwise use the USB connection.

If you want to buy a Nook use a mailforwarding address from a company like USunlocked. Use that address as the US address in the workaround described above and start the VPN before buying the Nook.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote