Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #935
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Right the free version has three major tabs "Database Structure" "Browse Data" and "Execute SQL". I ran "vacuum" as a query and it reported "No Error", but I don't think it did much. There was nothing in the "Data returned:" area.
Believe me, you do not want to see anything in the data returned as that would indicate a major problem with the database.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
So in the windows version of SQLite the "File" tab selection "Compact Database" means what? Is it not what you guys are talking about or do you only get that in the "Expert" version?
The two Windows programs are separate items. Compact Database in the SQLite Database Browser runs a 'vacuum' command against the database which reclaims empty space left by deleted items, makes most items contiguous, etc. The SQLite Expert program simply calls it's equivalent GUI option vacuum and, as you might guess, it runs a 'vacuum' command on the database.

One caution is that you should always copy the database to your PC and compact it there. Running vacuum makes a copy of the database during the compact phase and then replaces the original database with that copy. Not a good time to run out of disk space.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote